Search My Blog!

Use the Search box below to find keywords that you're looking for quickly and easily!

Search Feature

Saturday, March 26, 2022

Merci Bouquet

A little play on words to express my gratitude for generous bloggers who share their techniques and files, and also to the angels who helped to make sure that I had (nearly) enough flowers made for both shops!

Let's start where I started in the bouquet making process... Figuring out how many vases and pots and décor things I'd need to fill out each shop. I got out my pot and vase organizers and spread out various place holders in each shop just to get a rough idea of how many vases/pots I was potentially looking at having to make up. I was pretty much convinced after this exercise that I would be terribly short of flower stems! And that I would nearly wipe out my supply of vases and pots!





I determined that in order to have enough containers, I was going to have to make some. That's where some luck and gratitude came in! After a Google search for galvanized flower pots, I came across the We Love Miniatures tutorial on how to make galvanized flower buckets. Annie even provided a pattern for the buckets on her web site! We Love Miniatures Pattern Downloads Thanks so much, Annie!

I was able to bring the pattern into my graphics program, then isolate and clean up the pattern for import into Cricut Design Space. For those of you with a Cricut, here's a link to the file. It has 28 buckets and bottoms and fits on one piece of Cricut Kraft Board


My first cut didn't include the bottoms - that was an improvement I added after I realized it would be much easier to have my Maker cut the bottoms for me.


Following (almost) the tutorial in the video, I made up many buckets. 




Annie provides another great video on how to give things a zinc effect. I used it as a guideline for painting mine, though I included glazing medium in my silver and white layers and then finished them off with a satin varnish. I love how they turned out! Thanks again, Annie!



And here they are with the loose flower stems arranged inside. I arranged them as best as I could in the empty buckets, then grabbed the bunch and held them together, hoping not to disturb the arrangement too badly, while I filled the bucket with hot glue. Then I carefully popped the bunch in the bucket and wrangled any rebels back into submission. Once the hot glue had set, I was able to turn, bend, spread and arrange them until I liked the presentation.


I bet you're wondering if I really did have enough flower stems to fill both shops. The great news is - I did! And here is what I have left. 


I still need to add flowers to the hanging basket for the peach shop, but I have leftover leaves, a few fuchsia stems and a whole new Bonnie Lavish fuchsia kit to use. I can do that close to the end, though. I also had to make up five different sets of herb leaves, but they went pretty fast. 

Here are the vases I made up for the peach shop. In the clear glass and plastic vases, to hold the stems in and give them the look of resting in water, I used UV Resin And a UV Flashlight. For the non clear vases I used hot glue.



And the herb and flower pots. The herbs are SDK kits, and the topiaries are made up of huckleberry branches from my stash and MBS Squeeze Me Bushes. I think they are the 1-1/2" size. The little herb pot labels are 3D printed leftovers from when I made Tasha's Kitchen in 2020. Playing around with the alcohol inks to get the right shade of green for the herbs is challenging but fun!


I'll save the big reveal photos with everything loaded into the shops for next time. I want to hold back the blue shop's vases, pots and décor, too, in case the recipient stalks me, lol! She can't help but spy on me from time to time! I want her to enjoy a surprise!

Merci beaucoup for stopping by! See you next time!

xo xo,

Jodi

39 comments:

  1. I love your filled buckets. Your shops are going to look fantastic! Aren't SDK flower kits wonderful?
    I tried to open the Cricut file for the buckets, but Design Space said it couldn't be opened or modified, so it wouldn't allow me to pull it into the program. Could you email me the image file so I can upload it to my Design Space?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn! Yes - I love the SDK kits and would spend a fortune on them if I hadn't learned any self control in my long years, lol! I have sent an email with the flower bucket pattern so that you can import into design space yourself. Have fun with them! I am kind of sad that I am finished with mine!

      Delete
  2. Me encanta, me encanta, me encanta......Ya he dicho que me encanta?
    Espectacular todo.
    Las flores ya en esos maravillosos jarrones (he visto el video también).
    Los accesorios en los que expones todas las composiciones florales.
    Felicidades has vuelto ha sorprenderme.

    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Muchas gracias Mariana! ¡Estoy tan feliz de que te encante y de haberte sorprendido! ¡Espero que también te encante la forma en que las tiendas se unen en su gran presentación!

      Delete
  3. Oh Jodi! I just love this explosion of flowers. In fact your last post prompted me to order some kits from SDK (I might have gone a little overboard 😬). Your flower shop recipients are sure to be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how exciting Sherrill! I hope this reply finds you in mid flower making feeling completely delighted! It's hard not to go overboard with all the excellent varieties of flowers SDK has! Can't wait to see!

      Delete
  4. The visual impact of your flower in their flowerbuckest is FANTASTIC Jodi and I LOVE the mix of feminine/eclecticism of your painted display units against the formal "Frenchified" storefronts and interiors- EVERYTHING is coming together so well and is VERY PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elizabeth! It makes me happy that you like the visual display and design choices, and I hope in the end the shops will delight you!

      Delete
  5. Hi Jodi, such an eye teaser you showed us today! I can wait to see your shops, I imagine them in small street in Paris near to other little shops and a cafe, so lovely! I think you have done a terrific job with all the flowers, pots and stands and your shops will be as gorgeous and more as all the elements that you cleverly are placing on them. You have such an eye! I can´t wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I say I can wait to see your shops? arrggh no! I can´t wait, lol.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Alex! I am really excited to get to the finishing touches - hopefully this weekend!

      Delete
  6. OMG! mind blowing!!! wish to look at them for hours together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Papitha! I'll be sure to get lots of photos for my next post! I have such a hard time with the lighting in my work room, so hope to get that fixed, too!

      Delete
  7. Incredibly beautiful Well done. What a fabulous gift of love and endeavour for someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was so much fun. I work in 1:6, so I really need to use heavier materials for flower pots as the scale just makes everything too heavy for working with paper. But I love the technique and will save the idea in the back of my head for other projects. Now I have to get started on refreshing Trish's Blue Sprinkling Can garden center for Spring! Sandi

      Delete
    2. Thanks Marilyn! She is not a mini person, so it's always a risk if she will be able to enjoy the level of detail. I only hope the gesture makes her feel treasured!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Sandi! Have fun with the sprinkling can!

      Delete
  8. These beautiful flowers and plants have found their perfect place in the vases. Interesting how you made the vases for the cut flowers; I'll keep that in mind; I hope you don't mind if I try to make them.
    I love glass vases, especially colored ones.
    These shops will be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faby! The homemade buckets were a must as I have depleted my supply of vases. I had real metal buckets saved for the project for a long time, but they turned out to be way too big. I am excited that you might be able to use the flower buckets for your project, too! I think they'll work excellent for the lavender cart! I made my bucket height 1.25", but you can reduce them for the cart if you need to.

      Delete
  9. Oh, what a wonderful post! ;O) However, I learnt some shocking news: There are rebel flowers (!!!) and you have a stalker... *grin* If she sneaked by she will be chewing on her nails now because the arrangements you made for the peach shop promise so much for the blue one.

    I'm really glad to hear you had enough flowers... hooray! And what luck that you found the template for the flower vases - they turned out awesome and as always it's so great being able to say "I made them myself... with a little help from a generous blogger and my trusted plotter". I really enjoyed to see all your flowers being decorated in vases and pots... and my favorite was the single lily in the tiny watering can, so cute. As always I'm looking forward to see the next step.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Birgit! They only become rebels once you cut them and I don't blame them, lol! :O)
      My stalker is really busy right now having to cut holes in her real life house because she ordered a refrigerator that was too big to fit through any of her doors. But why take the chance??? ;O)
      I was so excited to find the tutorial, but when I realized that she also had a pattern, and that I could make a cut file and not have to cut them by hand - I knew it was a gift from the heavens! I can't believe I used up my hoard of vases, so I guess I'll have to shop the mini sales here and there to have a few on hand! Glad you like the lily in the watering can! It was fun to make up and I am loving this Easter palette!

      Delete
  10. Una maravilla, todas las flores son una delicia, has mezclado un colorido que la hace primaveral. Parece increíble lo que puede caber en una escena, gracias por mostrarlo, besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias Rosa María! Es sorprendente la cantidad de cosas diminutas que se necesitan para llenar un proyecto, ¡incluso una pequeña pantalla! ¡Estoy tan feliz de que te gusten las flores y espero que te encanten las tiendas terminadas!

      Delete
  11. Hey Jodi, The zinc pots look great and are marvelous containers for the flowers you have made. Thank you by the way for the tip on the zinc paint effect. The link show some more useful video's!

    I really look forward to seeing the finished flowershops. Knowing you they will be fabulous and full of colour!

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Huibrecht! Thanks for coming by, and I am so happy that you found the zinc painting link helpful! It was a lot of fun and I wish I had more to use it on now! I am excited to get back to the flower shops this weekend! I have been dreaming about them for so long, and it feels amazing to have them nearly completed!

      Delete
  12. What a wonderful display of flowers in their lovely containers. The buckets are marvelous and all the tiny items between the flowers are in good style, perfect for the flower shops. The lucky recipients will be over the moon with delight. And, I forgot, the vases too are beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Drora! I am so happy that I had enough vases for the inside shops, and so relieved to have found the tutorial to make the buckets for the exterior display! I am a little sad that the projects are almost finished, as they have been a real joy to work on!

      Delete
  13. Oh my word, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ¡Madre mía que maravilla!
    Los contenedores han quedado preciosos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias Isabel! ¡Es muy divertido dedicar tanto tiempo y detalle a los cubos cuando todo lo que ves es un vistazo de sus traseros al final! Ah bueno... Eso es minis para ti. ¡El deleite está en los detalles!

      Delete
  15. What a beautiful flower shop this will be, beautiful flower pots and the flowers are amazing, so many colors and types, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. B-e-a--u-t-i-f-u-l flowers and so many of them! Your buckets are also great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am super happy that I had enough flowers to make the displays!

      Delete
  17. Wow Jodi! Good Planning!!! Leftovers!!! LOL! I LOVE your arrangements... and your "zinc" pots are fabulous! (I would still be hand cutting mine and wondering why they didn't all look just alike! :)) You get great results with your equipment! These shops are going to be just beautiful! The glimpse of all the "staging pieces" is eye candy alone, even without the flowers! I look forward to seeing the "Reveals"!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy! I wish I could take credit or at least be that good a planner. Luckily, I am pretty lucky, lol! I would still be cutting if I had to do it by hand. A couple wouldn't be so bad, but after I got to the seventh hand cut bucket I probably would have given up! I am so glad I have that Cricut!!! I am excited to finish the shops up and get some photos - just last week I was worried about time, but suddenly I have hope again for making my April 16th deadline!!! Hope you'll like the finished presentation!

      Delete
  18. I love how your flowers came out and the buckets are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! They were a really fun project, too! I love it when I get excited about an idea and actually look forward to doing something new!

      Delete