Search My Blog!

Use the Search box below to find keywords that you're looking for quickly and easily!

Search Feature

Monday, April 6, 2015

Some Fun Details Today!

The painting of the "stones" went much better and lots easier than I'd expected! I used a very warm, light grey and a soft neutral brown color, then applied with part of an old kitchen sponge. I like that the colors blend in with the shed rather than competing with the cheerful green color.



I had lots of leftover grout from doing the laundry room several years ago. It's the powdered stuff with tint already in it. I mixed up a batch and then put it into an old frosting gun with a very small tip. This worked great, as I just traced the grout lines, then went back over them later with a soft sponge to help the grout look better. I then did an all over wash with a soft cloth several times.

Overall, I like the look, and will be even happier as soon as the embellish the grout lines with moss.



I really hate sitting there when I am waiting for paint or glue to dry - mini minutes are precious time!!! During the down time on the rock paint and grout, I began to make the potting bench for inside the shed.


A gluing jig and misc extra wood is a blessing! Especially when my brain is firing on all cylinders! 


Almost done!


Now it just needs a couple coats of shabby looking paint and some adorable accessories!


I wish it was tomorrow already!

But then, I do have my adorable husband to snuggle up with, so maybe I shouldn't be so hasty...


No comments:

Post a Comment