Search My Blog!

Use the Search box below to find keywords that you're looking for quickly and easily!

Search Feature

Friday, April 3, 2015

Discovering My Miniature Muscles!

By the time I was able to get started on Auntie Jackie's Potting Shed today it was already noon!

The pieces I'd sanded and primed yesterday were dry and ready. I cut and applied  the wallpaper, which is actually scrapbook paper left over from another project.

 I like to paper and finish a good portion of the interior trim before I glue the walls and floors together. That way, once the walls are up I can spackle a little and just touch up the paint. In this project, which is the Little Shop Kit form Hobby Builders Supply , it's not that hard to reach in to trim out the interior as it is with some larger kits, but it's a habit I've created and continue to employ.

So after I'd affixed the wallpaper, I measured and cut bead board (actually corrugated card stock leftover from making blinds in the little beach cottage). Then I measured and cut the baseboard, chair rail trim, window and door trim and the crown molding. I did a light initial sanding down with a paper lunch bag, then primed all the pieces.



As I was finishing my right shoulder blade started to ache a little. That's when I remembered that my mini muscles have had a long break since the last project. It's going to take a few weeks of conditioning before I'm back in shape again!

Until then, it's lots of coffee breaks and ibuprofen for me!

Just 5 more minutes of Pinterest surfing and then I'll sand and apply the actual paint to the trim. More updates to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment