The Beachside Bungalow is officially finished! And as you can see, it didn't take the girls long after I placed the last item to get the celebration started!
There was a surprising amount to do for such a tiny area, but I decided to start with the seating. I looked around online to find outdoor chair styles that I liked and ended up on the Ikea website where I found their Bondholmen chairs. Since Ikea provides detailed measurements and diagrams, converting the measurements from metric to Imperial and then scaling them down to 1/12th was simple. I made a few design changes just to keep them similar to the bungalow's other furnishings. I had the Cricut Maker cut the chipboard.
Unfortunately, once I'd assembled them, they seemed a bit too short for the occupants to see over the porch railing. They are meant to be low and are very stylish, but aren't good for placement behind porch railings. I finished them anyway, just to have fun, practice with the upholstery and possibly use them in a future build.
|And a spare.|
Back to the drawing board for the bungalow's chairs. I added 3/8" to each of the legs, and then they were perfect to sit and watch beachgoers pass by. When I first dreamed up this project in 2016, I ordered several of Brae's pillows. I am so happy to finally display them - they are perfection!
I made some other furniture pieces out of chipboard, too. The shoe bench and the table between the deck chairs are the same interchangeable design. I made a shelf, as well, but the porch seemed a bit too crowded with it. Another piece to save for later!
Here is the result of the address plaque I made on the 3D printer. There's just no end to the accessories that you can come up with!
For the crackers, cheese and Bundt cake, I had push molds which I filled with Paperclay. Chalk dust colored the crackers, and the cheese was painted with orange paint and Mod Podge. The cake was painted brown, then topped with puff paint frosting. I'm not a very experienced or proficient mini food maker, but Rose seems happy enough.
Kairi wanted to be sure to send out new house announcements to her friends right away. You all know Fiona and Enoch from past projects, but Alice and Goldie haven't had a proper introduction on the blog yet. They are both the inhabitants of a future project which I hope to begin someday. I used the Maker to score and cut the envelopes for me, then just printed these teeny labels to be applied to the tops. The font size is 2, so they are very tough to read.
|All buttoned back up again!|
And here was the payoff...
And here are some exterior shots of the Beachside Bungalow from different angles...