You may remember how I took the Greenleaf die cut kit and gave it a few upgrades...
Using trims made on the Cricut, some wooden legs, and some "real" hardware.
I had fun making the kit "upgrades", so that's exactly what I did for the wall shelf. Starting out with a Lost Creek Station seed shelf kit, I added more display space and a place to hang the towels. And I exchanged the seed poster with something more befitting a Christmas themed bathroom.
I made up some resin bottles with water slide decal labels, made tiny cotton balls, q-tips and "bath beads" (no hole beads), then gave some misc. items a little more bling with a gold leafing marker. Later I added a Kleenex box (square bead painted with red nail enamel and a tissue peeking out) and a box printie.
To fill in the bathroom, I needed to get into the "accessory making business". I found and printed artwork for painted plastic and metal frames.
I love that Santa in the tub and in the outhouse, and how about little elves warming their frozen toes in tubs of hot water?
I even made a clock (printed clock face) inside a cabochon frame, but you can't see that in place yet - the Glossy Accents is not quite dry and clear yet.
Why two? Well, it wouldn't be a very nice Christmas without gifts... :O)
I used some of the broken off branches from the fragile Christmas tree and some twigs from my stash to make a holiday swag.
And a laser cut sheet of holly leaves, more no hole beads and more twigs for a floor display. The vase is plastic and comes in a set of four from HBS. Really cheap. I just painted it with the gold leaf marker to make it look pricey! ;OP
Oh! And a Squeeze Me tree with a star wand jewelry finding in a Silver Cup Box Feet planter.
Need a sea sponge for the little folk to scrub with? All you need is some Creative Paperclay, a sewing pin and some spongy colored paint...
To fill up some floor space, I thought a little table with a lamp might be cute. I had a Chrysnbon non working hurricane lamp, so I made it a working one. Drill hole, insert candle flame bulb with wires and viola!
Except that the candle flame bulb was too fat to fit inside the chimney. But I just so happened to have a larger chimney which was slated for a future candle/centerpiece so I was back in business!
Hi ho, on we go to make the lamp table...
And then it was too big for the space...
But us miniaturists always have a back up plan...
HOM Candle stand to the rescue! Perfect fit! And then, when it was in and wired to the main wiring, the light stopped working...
A few magic words later, I resigned myself to the idea that sometimes lights just stop working. Usually after having been tested properly all through the process so that you feel confident and glue them in.
I can hear the words from my son's very wise friend Janin now. "Sounds like a Western problem". Meaning: be grateful. It's only a dollhouse light. :O)
All the other lights still work! :OD
Some printed rugs helped to warm up the space and hide the floor paper warp.
Good books to pass the time...
Now, I am on to the outside where I need to pick the perfect paint color and experiment with textures. Think Gingerbread...
Have a wonderful weekend!!!