Search My Blog!

Use the Search box below to find keywords that you're looking for quickly and easily!

Search Feature

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Springing Into Spring...


I can't believe that so much time has passed since my last post! To say that we have been busy around here would be putting it mildly. But, I can see the end in my sights now, and I expect to get started on a new miniature project the day after Easter. Oh I'll still have a lot of extra To-Do stuff on my plate, but I need to make time for something mini every day. I have realized during this past couple weeks that minis fill up my happy tank, and that I am much better equipped to take on life's new challenges when the tank is full. Otherwise, I tend to get a little cranky!

I also have a lot of catching up to do! It seems the mini world did not take a break while I was busy, and many creative things are being worked on by all my mini friends! I don't want to miss anything! I am looking forward to Saturday morning, where I will catch up on all my favorite blogs and see what everyone is working on! I get butterflies just thinking about it!

The Alki Point project just needs a little touch up stain and a little dusting, then she's ready for photos to be taken. The weather forecast for Seattle next week looks Stellar!


An excellent opportunity to take her to Alki Beach for photos. Blue skies, the Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound in the background are why the first white settlers made their first homesteads there so long ago, and why it is still one of the most coveted places to live in our region. Oh I hope I can get some awesome pictures!


Until then I have many domestic projects to attend to. It takes a lot of spring time work to get my yard looking like this, and maintaining it isn't easy.


In addition to that, we are moving all of the furnishings out of the family room to lay down the new wood flooring. It's a lot of work, then we'll move on to the living and dining rooms a.k.a.my office and workshop.

Hope the new spring season is also inspiring creative ambitions in all of you too! I can't wait for more mutual mini sharing to begin!


6 comments:

  1. Sun.....so jealous. It just ice stormed here long after I thiught winter was done. My poor tulips and bulbs! I'm excited to see you next project!! It's always tough to face gardening season and mini making. Both are just loo enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! I seem to go crazy buying new plants and flowers around Mother's Day, then by August I have very few survivors. Short attention span, I guess. It should be illegal for me to literally kill so many living things every year! Lol!

      Delete
  2. I'm behind on minis and other's blogs as well, between my job and helping get my daughter's new house ready to move into.

    Spring was in the air here for a couple of weeks, then we got a foot of snow dumped on us over the last two days. Bah humbug.

    The beach looks pretty, I'm sure you'll get some great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The progress on Kate's house is so exciting! I bet you are ready to have your weekends back, though! More snow? Yuck!!! I hope that was the last of it for you! It's not usually nice here until after July 4th, but every so often we get a nice stretch that fools us into buying plants too soon.
      The beach photos may be delayed again. Russ got work at a couple more Pizza Hut locations. Soon, though, I hope!

      Delete
  3. I'm hoping that my weather improves, sleet,snow and ice the past two days, ugh! I'm glad you're feeling like you can find some time to mini again. Looking forward to the photos. Welcome back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley! I am sorry for your bad weather! It really seems like the East has had a few bad years in a row. Good thing minis are an indoor hobby, right! Hope everything else is going great for you!

      Delete