Search My Blog!

Use the Search box below to find keywords that you're looking for quickly and easily!

Search Feature

Friday, May 8, 2015

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together!

One of the pieces in the Realife Miniatures kitchen kit was a spice shelf. In fact, it was the first piece in the kit that I made. I figured; start small and work up to the more complicated things. It was pretty simple and it is pretty cute. So, what to put on the shelves. Hmmm...


Why not some spice cans? I cut several 3/8" x 1/2" pieces, scored "lids" into them, then painted them.




I found some really cute and free chalk type labels online here. You download them, and then you can customize them to get exactly what you need.

After some trial and error (image resolution very poor) I ended up using my own font in Publisher, saving them as a high resolution photo, then shrinking them down to size. Round 2 went much better, and I even learned a little about vector images (they use math instead of pixels to preserve the image quality even when you increase or decrease the size). Good to know!


I made some printies for the things I know I'll need soon. The spray sealer will have to dry for 24 hours before I can cut them out and affix them to everything.


Meanwhile, the silverware fits perfectly into the center island drawer.



The plastic pieces I painted and aged to look like old enamelware turned out good.


The bisque items turned out great!


The "le creuset" cookware is awesome!












And these pieces will also soon be adorned with printies! Can't wait for the next step!









Happy Mother's Day to all my fellow moms! Remember, even if you haven't given birth, the minute you put your own needs aside to be there for anyone else, you're officially a mom in my book!






No comments:

Post a Comment