Search My Blog!

Use the Search box below to find keywords that you're looking for quickly and easily!

Search Feature

Saturday, December 5, 2015

A-La-Deux

I have reached the point in my project where I pull every item out of every crevice and cranny, lay them out in front of me, and try to decide where every piece should go. Today, I mostly just stared at all of it and got a lot of nothing done...

I have to decide what to make of all of this:

And this...

And this...

Oh! I figured this one out! Mostly...

But I am still puzzling over this...

And this...

But while I was "thinking", I came across this:

It was in one of the drawers of my grandmother's antique sewing table. It is a Russian Doll sort of flat head screwdriver, gradually getting small enough to almost work for a doll's shop. It looks to be brass, and it looks like it is made from old bullet casings. My grandpa was quite an inventive guy, and made some very clever tools. Did he make this, or was it issued to him when he was in the Army? Hmmm... A mystery, but a warm heart smile today, for sure!

In between making more messes, and spacing out a lot, I managed to scrounge up an old but useful item to help me in my endeavor to do a better chrome job on 3D plumbing fixtures a-la-deux.

A perfect dust cover so that maybe I will have less particle and more chrome finish this time. I WILL NOT be putting ANY sealer on this batch!!!

With any luck at all, I'll wake up tomorrow full of creative certainty, and some dry and shiny faucets to install.

4 comments:

  1. Dust is a killer! I always spray in my furnace room then run it out of the room to a "clean" zone. I'm ruined a few paint jobs with dust too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grrrrrr! And after you have taken so much time to carefully prepare the surface! I know perfection is a rare thing, but dust could at least have the courtesy to attach itself on the unseen side!!!

      Delete
  2. Ugh...empty shelves...I sympathize. I like the building of the houses much more than the filling up of the houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am either inspired with ideas, or barren of them. No happy middle ground...

      Delete